Are you a highly organised Engineer with experience of working in a field-based service and maintenance role? A driven, pragmatic, and presentable Field Service Engineer, preferably with knowledge working with lab-based equipment, is required to provide preventative and reactive maintenance, service, repair and installation of proprietary equipment for a well-established SME with a friendly team and a worldwide reputation for providing service excellence in their niche markets.
Planer Limited has, for over 45 years, been a market leading manufacturer of specialised life science equipment. We design and develop sophisticated microprocessor-controlled cryopreservation and incubation equipment for use in research and medical laboratories. An experienced Field Service Engineer is required to join the team covering the Midlands and North of England territory.
The successful Field Service Engineer will be home-based, with the ability to travel across the country with the occasional requirement for overseas travel on a short-term basis. The ability to organise your own diary is essential. All product training will be provided, however candidates must be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar engineering role.
- Organising and undertaking Site Visits
- Fault Finding and Repair of Planer Equipment
- Surveying and Installation for Planer Systems
- Product Training for Customers/Distributors
- Routine Maintenance and Calibration of Planer product.
- Responding to Customer Calls/Emails
- Product Training for Customers/Distributors in house and on site.
- Maintain all documentation relating to the Sales and Service activities, both computerised and otherwise.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering/Technical Background
- Experience of Fault Finding using reasoning and diagnostic skills
- An understanding of IT infrastructure
- Strong Customer focus
- Excellent Spoken and Written English
- Full Clean UK/EU Driving Licence
- Ideally experience of supporting Medical Devices
- Flexible working location