GM501 Mineral Oil is a ready-to-use oil for covering the medium during IVF/ICSI treatment. GM501 Mineral Oil protects the medium from evaporation and thereby stabilizes pH and temperature.
|GM501 Mineral Oil||FGY4MO0100||100 ml|
|GM501 Mineral Oil||FGY4MO0500||500 ml|
Product facts and notices
- CAS code: 8042-47-5
- EP Monograph: 0240
- GM501 Mineral Oil (density 0.83 – 0.86 g/ml) is pre-washed twice with ultra-pure water.
- GM501 Mineral Oil has to be pre-incubated for 5 hours with the lid closed at 37°C
Product specifications and quality control
- Pharmaceutical grade mineral (paraffin) oil.
- A certificate of analysis is available for each batch upon request from our website with respective lot number.The MSDS for GM501 Mineral Oil is available upon request and can also be downloaded from our website.
- GM501 Mineral Oil is manufactured according to the following specifications:
Density (g/ml): 0.83-0.86
Viscosity (bei 30°C/cp): < 30
Sterility: sterile – SAL 10-3 (Sterility Assurance Level)
Endotoxins (EU/ml): < 0.10
MEA (Blastocysts after 120 h in culture in %): ≥ 80
Peroxide Value (POV): < 0.1 mEq/kg
Precautions and warnings:
- Handle all specimens as if capable of transmitting HIV or hepatitis. Always wear protective clothing when handling specimens.
- Always work under strict hygienic conditions (e.g. LAF-bench ISO Class 5) to avoid possible contamination.
- Only for the intended use.
- The oil may appear cloudy if removed from the incubator and allowed to stand at room temperature for extended periods of time. Such cloudiness usually disappears if the oil is re-equilibrated by replacing it in the incubator for several hours, if it does not disappear discard the product.
- The user facility of this device is responsible for maintaining traceability of the product and must comply with national regulations regarding traceability, where applicable.
- Do not use the product if bottle, seal of the container or package is opened or defective when the product is delivered.
- Do not use the product if it becomes discoloured, cloudy or shows any evidence of microbial contamination.